Ever wished you could get your hands on an in-depth report on the Internet’s Top 100 online retailers’ checkout strategies?
“Check out” Elastic Path’s free eCommerce Checkout Report (or just download it) if you sell products online. The report is broken down by industry, which is even more useful. Also valuable to hold your site up to the list of tactics, you may see opportunities to close gaps for your own estore.
Here’s a sneak peak of what’s in the report:
1. Is navigation/search available during checkout?
2. What is the number of pages in the checkout process?
3. Is there coupon code entry?
4. Can you edit items during checkout?
5. Is Ajax used within the checkout?
6. Does creating an account or logging in take you out of the checkout?
7. How are errors displayed?
8. Are alternative payment types accepted?
9. Is live chat prevalent during checkout?
10. Is a phone number prevalent during checkout?
11. Is an address prevalent during checkout?
12. Are return policies prevalent during checkout?
13. Can you see shipping estimates prior to entering personal information?
14. Is a security badge displayed?
15. Is an estimated shipping date displayed?
16. Can you checkout as a guest or anonymously?
17. Are cart items always visible during checkout?
18. Is the cart total always visible during checkout?
19. Is a CVV number required?
20. Is a final order confirmation screen used?
21. Are cross-sells displayed on the cart page?
22. Are cross-sells displayed during checkout?
23. Can gift wrapping or messaging be added to items?
24. BONUS: What form of shipping is used?