It’s been far too long since I’ve posted here on Smogger. As you may or may not know, I’m blogging full time for Elastic Path, an ecommerce software company. Get Elastic is an ecommerce blog and I post every weekday so do subscribe, pleease!
A New Year’s resolution of mine is to post more often here on Smogger. I’ve decided to turn the focus from social media discussion and advice to highlighting the hip and happenin’ tech community here in Vancouver (or “Vangroovy” as some refer to it). Over the past couple months, I’ve met social network startup founders, Facebook developers, bloggers, podcasters, photographers and other hip-cats and I feel blessed to live in a city that is so vibrant.
I thought I’d kick off 2008 with 8 pieces of news I’m excited about (and we’re only half way thru January)
- RainCity Studios was so kind to include me amongst the ranks of Vancouver’s Tech Women to Watch
, the femme side of Techvibes’ list of guys. I’m looking forward to rubbin’ shoulders with the gurls & guys this Friday at Launch Party here in Vancouver. Will post pics!
- This Thursday I’m teaming up with the legendary Jason Billingsley for a webinar “12 Things To Learn From Christmas” – it’s an ecommerce focused session, but I believe any marketer could get some value out of it. (Sign up if you like). This is my first live webinar so wish me luck.
- Last year I waited too long to register for Moose Camp / Northern Voice and was shut out *sob.* This year I’ll be sharing some tips on social media 101 for the Internet Boot Camp portion of the un-conference, so at least I’m guaranteed to get in this time!
- Brian Chappel rounded up all the Internet Marketing types he could find on Twitter. Yours truly (Roxyyo) appeared on the list, though I’m not quite a “guru,” I’m thankful all the same! I also resolve to make better use of Twitter this year.
- Yesterday Get Elastic showed over 1500 subscribers. Sure, it was likely due to a glitch with Feedburner (Rohit Bhargava’s Facebook status tipped me off) – but we’re not that far off from that number. I want to see 2000 subscribers by September. I think that’s a reasonable goal.
- Smogger is still #1 in Google for “Social Media Blog” (thanks Jordan Behan for including me on the Z list shortly after this blog’s launch, which is the major reason why this is so) and even #10 for “social media” — and has been for about a year. You’d think that would bring in more traffic than it does, but hey, bragging rights. Actually, my top referring keyword every month, by a LANDSLIDE is “Leprechaun.” Go fig. I’m bracing for a wave of traffic in mid-March, LOL.
- Get Elastic made the AdAge Power 150 not long ago, we sort of hover around the 150 mark, and would probably be much higher if Google Reader count was included. Our highest position was in the 70’s.
- Elastic Path made this year’s Ready to Rocket list again this year, which means the company is outperforming the IT sector by a whole bunch. Sure I have nothing to do with this but I’m happy for the EP crew that work so hard to get us there.
Photo credit: Suprabiz