Mark Zuckerber’s very interesting pitch to 800 developers at the San Francisco Design Center about Facebook Platform is available on video.
Here are some of the highlights:
* Facebook adds over 100,000 users per day
* Current user base over 24 Million (growing at a rate of 3% per week since opening network to the public in Fall 2006)
* Expected to reach 50 Million active users by end of 2007
* 50% of users not in college, by end of year estimated to be 75% not in college
* 25 and older is the fastest growing demographic
* 50% of users use Facebook everyday (including yours truly)
* Recently passed eBay in daily traffic, and working on passing Google (yay!!)
* Number one photo sharing application on the ‘Net despite lacking features of others like Photobucket
* Facebook’s Events application more used than Evite
Check out the video!